414
icon location Malinska

Mihojski path

Around the largest natural freshwater habitat on the island of Krk

Karakteristike

Dužina:
18,5 km icon length
Uspon:
325 m icon ascent

The trail starts from Sv. Vitus Miholjice, passing by the Church of St. Michael, built in 1890, and begins with a gentle ascent towards the main island road. Passing through an underpass, it continues along well-maintained olive groves to the abandoned village of Sršići, where it turns left onto an old cart path that was once a main route from Omišalj to Krk town.

The route passes by the former settlement of Semenj and the abandoned house, called “Popovska kuća” (Priest’s house), which was built for the local priest. The trail leads to Jezero, the largest natural freshwater habitat on the island of Krk.

From Jezero, a more demanding ascent follows through the village of Sužan to Rasopasno. On the return to Sv. Vitus, there is a maze of paths along dry-stone walls to navigate.